Camphill Communities of Ireland is recruiting a Head of Quality and Safety
Main purpose of the role
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that clear and effective quality and safety processes are in place across all CCoI services. This includes oversight of CCOI compliance with all HIQA regulatory requirements as well as quality and safety requirements arising under service agreements with the HSE and any other funding or oversight body.
- To support the development and implementation of best practice HR Strategies
- To develop, deliver and implement policy
- To lead in supporting the senior management team and the workforce in the communities to achieve the delivery of quality throughout Camphill.
Span of Control
Camphill Communities of Ireland operates a residential and day service in 16 centres, in which approx. 250 residents and day-attendees live and take part in day activities, delivered by a workforce of approx. 500 persons comprised of employees and voluntary co-workers.
The HR Manager will report to the CEO. He/she will actively participate in the Senior Management Team and to develop and maintain the following key working relationships
- CEO and Senior Management Team of CCoI.
- CCoI Quality & Safety Committee.
- Quality & Safety Division of HSE.
- Relevant managers within each Community Healthcare Organisation of HSE.
- Relevant managers within HIQA and any other regulatory body.
- Persons-in-Charge in the communities
- Managers and senior responsible volunteers within CCoI.
- Residents/day attendees and their families.
- External partnering agencies and advocacy organisations.
- Quality groups and leaders in quality innovation within the disability sector
Reporting In Roles
- The Safeguarding Officer and relevant future posts as may be created e.g. Medication Officer
- The Person-in-Charge in each community
- The Designated Safeguarding Officer in each community
Key accountabilities of this post are to assure the Board of CCoI, through the CEO and the Quality & Safety Committee, that:
- that all appropriate quality and safety systems and processes are in place across the organisation.
- that all such systems and processes are in operation in all services, are applied consistently and are working to assure the quality and safety of CCoI services.
- that the real needs and requirements of people using CCoI services are at the heart of our quality and safety processes.
- Compliance with statutory requirements
- Ensure provision of effective safeguarding procedures
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders, and other groups
- Training and Management of Staff and Deployment of Resources
- Personal Commitment, Motivation and Integrity
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience in the field of Disability or Social Care
- A minimum of a Level 8 qualification in a relevant professional discipline or substantial experience (5 years +) at management level in a relevant area
- Detailed understanding of developments at national and sectoral level in relation to quality and safety within disability services.
- Experience of working at management level within regulated social care and/or disability services.
- Experience in the field of rights promotion and in working with service users to assess quality in services
- Experience of delivering services in compliance with service agreements made with HSE or equivalent funding bodies
- Experience of implementing safeguarding policies and taking responsibility for complaints management within disability and/or social care services.
- Experience of liaising with regulatory authorities as regards compliance with requirements and/or registration of services.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience in the field of Quality & Safety management
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team and a budget.
- Demonstrable experience of investigating safeguarding issues in line with national procedures.
- Demonstrable experience of investigating complaints from service users and other parties in line with national procedures.
- A Level 9 qualification in Quality & Safety in Healthcare and/or Social Care or equivalent.
- Demonstrable and substantial experience in managing quality and safety within a large values-based organisation in the health/disability field.
- Demonstrable substantial experience (min. 3 years) in a management role with responsibility for quality and safety
- Demonstrable experience in an advocacy role and/or in promoting self advocacy with service users.
- Substantial experience within a Not-for-Profit / Charitable service providing organisation funded under Section 38/39.
- Substantive experience in service reform and innovation where the focus is on putting service user requirements at the heart of organisation plans and strategies