Job Title: Care Assistant : 1x part time
Reports to: Person in Charge
Application: in writing/ via email
Closing Date: 11/12/15
Interview Date: TBC
Purpose of the role
An excellent opportunity for a qualified and determined Social Care/ Care Assistant candidate to obtain a permanent role for this organisation providing specialist therapeutic care supporting a resident with intellectual disabilities.
To provide individualised care on a one to one basis for an adult male diagnosed in the Autistic Spectrum.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be an active part of the care team, the aims of which are to ensure that the resident’s individual personal and social care needs are met on a daily basis.
- To promote Person Centred Care.
- To oversee all aspects of the direct care provision to meet the assessed needs of the resident, which may include:
- To accompany Resident to his place of work on the farm within the community.
- To record any information about the residents daily activities as necessary.
- To follow a strict management plan in regards to the care of the resident.
- To accompany Resident to various meetings and leisure activities throughout the day.
- Rotas operate on a shift basis with day, evening and weekend work.
- To report relevant information regarding residents to Management.
- Reporting immediately to Management any accident or incident which may occur, to a resident, member of staff or a visitor.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times in line with Camphill Communities of Ireland policies.
- Fully participate in and meet required standards of training deemed appropriate to the role.
- To be fully aware of health and safety standards and ensure compliance with same.
Qualification in Social Care or FETAC level 5 Care Assistant
Full Clean Driving license
Be a conscientious person, with a passion for excellence
Be a team player, helping to promote great working conditions, colleague relations and care to clients
Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivator who can provide a holistic service of the highest quality.
Candidate must be fully fit to undertake his/her duties
Flexibility to work when needed.
Willing to work within the ethos and values of Camphill Communities of Ireland
Proficiency in LÁMH would be an advantage but not essential, although learning LÁMH would be a requirement.
The Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA) Training is desirable .
Knowledge of Residential Care legislation including HIQA’s National Quality Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities, and others as applicable.
All posts are subject to 6 month probationary period.
Camphill Communities of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Please forward CV and cover letter to:
Person in Charge
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org