A particular emphasis of this role will be to protect & maintain the specific ethos and values of the organisation and support the vocational roles of volunteer coworkers.
The successfull candidate will have
- Minimum of 5 years management experience at senior level ideally in the community and voluntary sector and for a complex national organisation
- Experience in organisational risk management, strategic planning and knowledge of governance requirements in the community and voluntary sector as well as charity law.
- Qualification/ Primary degree in Finances/Accounting
- Experience of financial accounting and management for a large and complex national organisation
- A good knowledge of relevant regulations legislation and best practise in various areas relevant to this role
- The ability to rapidly assimilate changing legislative and regulatory requirements in Ireland and integrate these with the ethos of the community.
- The ability to deliver training to groups around implementation of relevant directives of the board
- A good level of competence in IT applications including advanced knowledge of Accounting software and MS Excel including collating and presenting financial reports of a large number of different cost centres and gathering and compiling information and reports in other areas of compliance
- The ability to rapidly assimilate the ethos and ideals that underpin an intentional life sharing community and uphold the same in the organisations practises
- Demonstrable experience in directing resources according to priority
The successful applicant will be highly organised in thinking and doing; a great communicatororally andin writing; and a problem solver. In addition, they will have excellent 'soft' negotiationskills in every-daysituations and an outstanding attention to detail,accompanied by the ability todeliver projects andoutcomes agreed
Please download a pdf version of the full job description here
Please download the application form here
Deadline for applications:
31st of August 2012
Please send applications to email@example.com by email attaching the application form as a word document with a short cover email