We are recruiting an Administrative Assistant - for the National Office of Camphill Communities of Ireland
- Salary: Grade 3
- Location: Head office in Newbridge, County Kildare and attendance at other locations as appropriate
- Duration: Fulltime. 1 year contract initially, with a possibility of extension
a. Main Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure The post holders will provide a professional administrative service in support of a range of activities within Camphill, National Office and to support the National Office team.
This job description describes the roles and responsibilities as current envisaged. These may change over time in the light of Organisations’s corporate and organisational objectives and the national disability sector programme.
b. Key Responsibilities:
The principle duties and responsibilities of the posts may include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing phones / switchboard
- Ongoing update of phone contact list for National office
- Ongoing update of CCoI Community details
- Ongoing update of CCoI’s assigned to Regional Managers
- Requesting and Collating info from CCoI’s
- Managing Correspondences
- Managing post, incoming and outgoing / Post -franking etc
- HIQA documentation, scanning, sending, recoding and filing
- Taking ownership of Stationery order
- Staff canteen supplies order
- Setting up meetings
- Arranging refreshments for meetings
- Assistance/support to National office staff
- Info email – first point of contact and deal with or pass on as appropriate
- National office email - first point of contact and deal with or pass on as appropriate
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Corporate Services Executive or his / her nominee.
c. Key Competencies:
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and others in a supportive manner, within and outside the organisation. Ability to show respect for the contribution of others.
Experience of working successfully in a team environment.
- Communicates in a clear manner and actively listens and engages to gain understanding. Can communicate the demands of the task at hand to relevant stakeholder in an engaging and convincing manner in order to progress the project effectively.
- Personal Effectiveness and Excellence
- Continuously strives to learn about how things are done, why they are done that way, how they can be improved and how the role impacts on everything.
- Is effective in planning, organising and managing their workload and in sharing information.
- Strives to achieve the highest standards in the completion of tasks, has effective time management skills and the ability able to multi-task and prioritise in a busy deadline driven work environment.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Demonstrates capacity to analyse and interpret information to identify key issues when solving problems, and knowing when to consult with others to inform decision making.
d. Person Specification:
- Possess strong IT skills and be able to demonstrate competency in the use of Microsoft Office and email.
- The successful applicants will be well organised, able to co-ordinate and progress tasks associated with the post on their own initiative. Will be flexible, possess an ability to work effectively as part of a wider administrative team, and have excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applications from candidates who have a demonstrable track record in effectively administering multifaceted processes and operations, and/or who have participated in company- or institution-wide projects would be particularly welcome.
- Minimum leaving certificate required
- Third level education and / or Business Administration course are desirable.
contact Ben Gamble 045 481597
Camphill is an equal opportunity employer